VAR: Retrieve Cloud Properties
Once the temperature boundary conditions are set correctly, the last
step is to actually run the cloud retrieval. The processing procedure is:
- Select the Mass Retrieval option from the VAR Simulation Model
- Set the band 4-5 cutoff value. This ranges from 0 to -0.5 K typically,
and is used to reduce "noise" in the data.
- Set the pixel area value: This is determined from the value entered
when creating the Terascan Master file
Note that this value is in square kilometers, not in kilometers (like when
creating the master file).
- Select the band data file. This is the data which was
exported from Terascan Note that this data can be in two formats, either
with lat/lon values or without.
- Save the case file and run it.
- The results are saved in two different formats: A *.tex file which
has a summary of the results, and a *.mdr file, which is in a format for
conversion into Terascan
This page maintained by Dave Schneider (email@example.com)